These guidelines will be reviewed regularly and amended where necessary in accordance with the advice provided by Public Health England, Government and British Gymnastics.
- All staff, gymnasts and parents should be aware of the main Covid-19 symptoms which include a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- If staff, gymnasts parents or members of their household experience any symptoms we ask them not to visit the YMCA and to inform us immediately.
- Gymnasts must not attend class if they are feeling unwell or are displaying Covid-19 symptoms or if any of their family are unwell, displaying symptoms or isolating
- Gymnasts who have travelled abroad to a country which requires quarantine on return must not attend the centre until the isolation period has elapsed
- Any gymnast or member of staff becoming unwell during a class will be isolated in the activity hall and parents called to collect them as soon as possible.
- Gymnasts will enter via the front door
- No parents/guardians to enter the building except for Accompanied Classes
- One adult per child in accompanied classes
- Adults should wear face coverings
- Gymnasts must arrive dressed for gymnastics – no changing rooms available
- Gymnasts must bring a large bag with them to contain the following:
- Shoes – to be removed on entry to the building and placed in the bag (please ensure these are easy for your child to slip on and off)
- Tee shirt/sweatshirt
- Hand sanitiser
- Clean socks (any child without their own socks will not be able to go on the trampoline).
- Earrings must be removed before class – gymnasts may cover their ears with tape for 6 weeks after having their ears pierced – please inform us if this is the case & provide your own tape
- Gymnasts will register with the member of staff on the door, remove shoes & place in their bag, sanitise hands and follow directions into the gym
- Once the class has started staff will clean and sanitise the entranceway ready for the next class
- Late comers will not be allowed to enter the building or join the class
- At the end of the class gymnasts will be dismissed from the fire exit at the side of the building
- Gymnasts must be collected from the door; no child will be permitted to leave without being collected by a responsible adult
- Please email us if your child is going to be walking home alone or is being collected by another parent
- Any gymnast not collected at the end of the class will be isolated in the Activity Hall until collected
- Any gymnast who is collected late on more than one occasion will be removed from class
- Once all gymnasts have been collected staff will clean and sanitise the exit area
- Lost property will not be kept unless clearly marked with the owners name
- Gymnasts who do not bring a drink with them will not be able to get one from the kitchen – the kitchen is for staff use only
- Gymnasts should go to the toilet before coming to gymnastics but will be permitted to use the toilets during class if necessary
- Staff will clean the toilets if used during class
- Coaches are now permitted to support gymnasts – see separate Coach Contact Guidance