Covid-19 Operating Guidelines
These guidelines will be reviewed regularly and amended where necessary in accordance with the advice provided by Public Health England, Government and British Gymnastics.
All staff, gymnasts and parents should be aware of the main Covid-19 symptoms which include a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
If staff, gymnasts parents or members of their household experience any symptoms we ask them not to visit the YMCA and to inform us immediately.
Gymnasts must not attend class if they are feeling unwell or are displaying Covid-19 symptoms or if any of their family are unwell, displaying symptoms or isolating
Gymnasts who have travelled abroad to a country which requires 14 days quarantine on return must not attend the centre until the isolation period has elapsed
Any gymnast or member of staff becoming unwell during a class will be isolated in the activity hall and parents called to collect them as soon as possible.
- Gymnasts will enter via the front door
- No parents/guardians to enter the building except for Accompanied Classes
- One adult per child in accompanied classes
- Adults to wear face coverings
- Gymnasts must arrive dressed for gymnastics – no changing rooms available
- Gymnasts must bring a bag with them to contain the following:
- Shoes – to be removed on entry to the building and placed in the bag
- Tee shirt/sweatshirt
- Hand sanitiser
- Clean socks (any child without their own socks will not be able to go on the trampoline).
- Gymnasts will register with the member of staff on the door, remove shoes & place in their bag, sanitise hands and follow directions into the gym
- Once the class has started staff will clean and sanitise the entranceway ready for the next class
- Late comers will not be allowed to enter the building or join the class
- At the end of the class gymnasts will be dismissed from the fire exit at the side of the building
- Gymnasts must be collected from the door; no child will be permitted to leave without being collected by a responsible adult
- Please email us if your child is going to be walking home alone or is being collected by another parent
- Any gymnast not collected at the end of the class will be isolated in the Activity Hall until collected
- Any gymnast who is collected late on more than one occasion will be removed from class
- Once all gymnasts have been collected staff will clean and sanitise the exit area
- The kitchen will not be available for use other than by staff
- Gymnasts who do not bring a drink with them will not be able to get one from the kitchen
- Gymnasts should go to the toilet before coming to gymnastics but will be permitted to use the toilets during class if necessary
- Staff will clean the toilets if used during class
- Coaches must maintain physical distance and are not permitted to support gymnasts.